14 hours ago
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Our Favorite German Song
A little taste of curent German music. This is our favorite. I played it over and over yesterday when I was running errands. He's singing about being in the same town he grew up in, where he knows everyone and everything. But he dreams of having a house on a lake (Haus am See) where he will have 20 children and a beautiful wife, orange trees will bloom, and everyone will come visit. This is where he dreams of growing old. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

How cool was that? I wish I knew German. It definately has a cool groove. Does he end up alone only wishing of his family? He is playing the type of electric guitar that I want to buy. Cool sound. You guys have a nack for finding sweet sounding music. I recognize the first guy's voice. I think he is on one of the cds that Eric made me.
ReplyDeleteKirk
Kirk, that's an excellent question. We just ran the lyrics through an on-line translator, so we got the gest of the song, but may be missing some of the finer detail, since he is alone throughout whole video. Hmmm. The first guy, Zach Gill, is the lead singer of ALO ("Welcome to Your Barbeque", etc.). "Family" is from his first solo album.
ReplyDelete