Can you imagine any greater comfort? Who wouldn't want to walk with Him in the cool of the evening in the Garden, perhaps asking questions, feeling a physical connection with God?
As people of Faith, Faith is enough. We know God is there. It is a simple and concrete knowledge, despite not being concrete. But we are physical beings in a physical world. And the comfort of just laying your head on God's shoulder when times are tough is a sublime idea.
So, you may not have that opportunity when times are tough. But God is always there. Here. With You. I often pray that those who don't have the comfort of that knowledge could just turn around and bump into him. (Sometimes he's tapping on your shoulder, waiting for you to recognize Him.) He's that close. And when you are in need of comfort, he is leaning in. He is in you, and around you. Call out to him, then just be quiet and feel it.

Nicely put!! Did I ever ask you if you read "The Shack" Maybe we already had this converstation but I am getting older and I do forget things now and then. LOL
ReplyDelete