Just a quick story that will make you all feel better about your own parenting/organizational skills ...
I received an email from a PTA mom saying that the 3rd grade was preparing a teachers luncheon this month. It would be on the 26th - chili with all the fixings. I signed up and was asked to send in a lb of shredded cheddar and a box of saltines. So yesterday I sent it in with Vance. He doesn't know where the teacher workroom at this school is, so he took it to the office. He said they told him they didn't know anything about a teacher luncheon. He told them, "Well, my mom got an email" and left the bag with them.
Today I got an email saying "The teacher luncheon was a big success. Thanks to everyone who sent items in. The teachers really enjoyed the chili, even though it was 90 degrees outside."
I stared at the for a minute. Ninety degrees? What does that mean? It's been snowing here. Then I looked at the email name. Chris Henson. Hmmm. The kids dentist was a Chris Henson in San Angelo, and I often saw him at school. Coincidence. Then I looked at the other names. They were all the parents of Vance's San Angelo friends.
So a bag of cheese and a box of crackers meant for a San Angelo teachers luncheon sits in a fridge in Patrick Henry elementary in Heidelberg, Germany where the staff must think I'm a loon.
I am going to be laughing about this for a while.
Now I have to email Mrs Henson, to let her know why I did not provide what I was supposed to and call the school here to explain my strange offering.
Love to all - Val
14 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment