Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I Wish that I Drank Coffee

I never rise and greet the dew
Awonder in the morn' anew,
Never think, "I'm here world!"
And rise and salute like a flag unfurled
Ready to let the games begin.

(I usually just have to pee.)

Instead I open one eye, then two
And resign myself to the world anew
Then burrow back overhead
And take a moment to think instead
Of when I'll get to sleep again.

(I wish that I drank coffee.)

1 comment:

  1. I love this!! I felt the same way this morning as I woke up and it was raining and my plans of walking with my friend may not happen. But I did get up because I DO drink coffee.......drinking it now....love it on a quiet Summer rainy morning when the kids are still sleeping. Wish you were here to join me!!

    ReplyDelete