Friday, January 7, 2011

A Winter Walk

One day late in November, the sun was shining, the snow was gleaming and I was feeling blessed. I was feeling blessed to here, in this place, on this day. I was feeling blessed to be able to take a long walk, having both the time, and the ability. I was feeling blessed to have a husband, who in spite of being at work, would be happy for me to have taken the time to enjoy this day, and who had given me this wonderful camera, allowing me to really have a perfect afternoon walking and taking photos.

Here are just a few of the shots I took that day.

Enjoying a walk in the snow is all about having the right shoes.

Someone was getting a fresh egg delivery

I came upon this small cottage, that appeared to be a bee-keepers refuge

I hiked up close to get this shot of the sign near it. When I got home, I translated it. It's telling me to stay off the property, and to keep my kids away. Uh-oh. My snowy footprints led right up to it. Busted.

With the sun shining, and the natural heat given off by this tree, all that was left to feed this lush, verdant moss was a small pocket of snow.


I saw what appeared to be little magenta flowers on a hill. So I hiked up and found that they were actually pods, dropping small orange seeds. I wonder what they are.



Got a hole inside you? Maybe it's the perfect place for something new and beautiful to sprout.

No comments:

Post a Comment